WELCOME FROM JUDGE WASHINGTON
Welcome to the new Rockdale County Probate Court Website! We are excited to launch this online platform to provide easy access to information and services related to probate court matters.
This new website provides a user-friendly platform with a variety of resources, including answers to frequently asked questions, access to court forms, videos, and the latest probate court news and upcoming events. The website also provides information about court services such as guardianships/conservatorships, probate of a decedent’s estate, application for weapons carry license, application for marriage licenses, orders to apprehend, and vital records.
Whether you are a family member seeking guidance on how to handle a loved one’s estate, a legal professional navigating the Rockdale County Probate Court processes, or a member of the public interested in learning more about our probate court, we hope that this new website will provide you with the information, tools, and resources you need.
We are constantly working towards enhancing our services, and we want to ensure that our court is accessible to diverse populations. To these ends, we have included a feature that allows our website to be translated into over 100 languages! We understand, however, that the language translator may not always be entirely accurate. If you have used the language translator, we would appreciate your feedback on its effectiveness.
We invite you to explore our website and share your thoughts on how we can enhance your experience with the new Rockdale County Probate Court website. Please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any suggestions or comments you may have. We value your input, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Judge Gary W. Washington
ROCKDALE PROBATE COURT GENERAL INFORMATION
The Rockdale County Probate Court is a specialized Court that handles a variety of legal matters, including:
- Probate of Wills and Administration of Estates: This includes cases where a will is submitted for probate, and the probate court oversees the distribution of the estate according to the terms of the will, or state law if there is no will.
- Guardianships and Conservatorships: The probate court may appoint a guardian to care for the health, education, and welfare of a minor child or an incapacitated adult.
- Weapons Carry Licenses: The probate court issues firearms licenses in accordance with State and Federal law.
- Marriage Licenses: The probate court issues marriage licenses to couples who wish to get married in Georgia.
- Vital Records: The probate court maintains, and issues certified copies of birth and death certificates for those born or deceased in Georgia.
- Miscellaneous Matters: The probate court also handles various other types of cases, including but not limited to matters involving mental health evaluations and/or treatment, issuance of permits for fireworks displays, recording of elected officials’ oaths and bonds, calling for special elections, filling certain vacancies in county government, and issuance of certificates of residence.
- NO Traffic Cases and Criminal Probation: The Rockdale County Probate Court does not handle traffic cases or probation for criminal sentences.