How much do birth/death records cost?
The cost of obtaining a Georgia birth/death certificate is $25.00 per person for the first certified copy and $5.00 per person (at time of request) for each additional certified copy.
The Court accepts cash, debit and credit card (Visa and MasterCard), cashier’s check or money order made payable to the Rockdale County Probate Court. A $4.00 processing fee is charged per card transaction.
Can I order a birth/death record online?
Online request can be made directly through Georgia Vital Records at https://dph.georgia.gov/VitalRecords or you may make a mail-in request.
Requests by mail must include the following information:
- Birth: Full name of the child, mother's maiden name, father's name, and child's date of birth.
- Death: Full name of the decedent and date of death.
- A phone number to notify you when the request has been received/filled.
- You must include your cashier’s check or money order made payable to Rockdale County Probate Court.
- A self-addressed stamped envelope back to yourself, and a clear photocopy of your picture I.D.
The request must be mailed to:
Rockdale County Probate Court
P.O. Box 289
Conyers, Georgia 30012
Can my friend pick up mine or my child's birth record?
No, only the eligible recipients listed above are allowed to obtain the birth record.
What can I do about incorrect information on a birth/death record?
You must complete an affidavit for amendment-form 3977 to be forwarded to State vital records to process the correction.
How can I add the father on to birth record?
You must complete a paternity acknowledgement form to be forwarded to State vital records to include the father.