Can you tell me whether or not I will be denied before I apply?

No, we cannot review your background history until an application has been submitted.

How do I change my name or address on my license?

If your name or address changes during the time your Weapons Carry License is valid, you must change your name or address on your license by going to the Probate Court in the county that issued your license. You should bring with you:

  • Valid government issued photo ID (GA Driver’s License) with your new name or address on it.
  • Reprint fee of $6.00 (cash, money order, cashier’s check or credit card with $4.00 processing fee).

If you have moved to Rockdale County and have a license issued by one of the other counties in Georgia, you must return to that county to change your name or address. You must appear in person for this process, and you must turn in your old license to the court before you will be given a new one, pursuant to Georgia law.

How do I obtain a replacement if my license was lost or stolen?

If a license is stolen a police report must be filed and inform the Probate Court within 48 hours. If a license is lost, you must inform the Probate Court and request a new license. You may walk in Monday-Friday 8:30am to 4:00pm to complete an application for a replacement.

How much does it cost?

General:                            $73.25

Military:                            $50.25 (with DD214 or Military ID)

Retired Police:                 $7 (with ID/Documentation of Retirement)

Renewal:                           $30

Temporary Renewal:      $1

Replacement:                  $6 (with Supporting Documents)

*A $4.00 convenience fee is added to all debit/credit purchases

Do I get a refund if my application is denied?

No, the application fee is non-refundable.